|1. Pick the most catching subject|
2. Make the content short and sweet
- Essay like content doesn't help. Make the content as short as possible.
- One image worths thousand words - use images whenever appropriate.
- Use syntax-highlighters whenever you publish code.
- Use spacing/gaps as necessary - to make the blog posts more readable
- Use proper tags to tag your blog posts.
- Don't make the blog looks crowded with too many widgets/gadgets.
3. Keep the blog updated regularly
- Blog regularly and make sure you answer readers' comments
- Frequent updates helps to improve Google page rank
4. No anonymous blogging
- Always blog with a human name. That will give the readers' the feeling of being real.
- Post your email address or a way to contact you directly, in the blog
5. Publish on DZone
- DZone is a technology publishing company that produces valuable content for software architects and developers worldwide.
- It has a considerable amount of user base, highly focused on technology related topics.
- Do not publish your links on Weekends.
- Tag your DZone link properly
- Share the DZone link [via DZone]
- Make the DZone link description meaningful/attractive and readable.
- Participate in discussions via comments to the link
6. Publish on reddit
- Reddit is a social news website which has wide variety of topics.
- Pick the most appropriate topic for your link.
- Reddit has a huge user base compared to DZone.
- Tweet about your blog post.
- Use hash-tags appropriately.
- Publish first in DZone and then Tweet the DZone link.
- Use catching words to describe what you have in the blog post - it need to not be the title always.
8. Share in Facebook
- Post a link to your blog post in Facebook
- Publish first in DZone and then share the DZone link
9. Subscribe to blog aggregators
- Subscribe to appropriate blog aggregators
- Don't publish the entire blog post to feeds. Blogger has an option to limit number of words.
10. Use SEO best practices to improve your Google Page Rank