2. Extract the sso-webapp.war and search for [IS_HOME] in sso-webapp\WEB_INF\web.xml and change it appropriately pointing to the WSO2 Identity Server extracted location.
e.g : /Users/prabath/releases/wso2is-3.2.3/repository/resources/security/wso2carbon.jks
3. Start Apache Tomcat [This post assumes Tomcat runs on port 8080]
4. Download the latest WSO2 Identity Server from here.
5. Start WSO2 Identity Server [IS] - I assume here Identity Server is running on the default port - 9443. If not you need to change the corresponding entry in [CATALINA_HOME\webapps\sso-webapp\WEB_INF\web.xml.
6. Login to the IS management console with admin/admin
7. Go to Main/Manage/SAML SSO
8. Fill the form with following values and press Add.
Issuer : ssowebapp
Assertion Consumer URL : http://localhost:8080/sso-webapp/acs [This is where your sample web app is running]
Enable Single Logout : Checked
Keep the rest as default.
10. That's it... To try out visit http://localhost:8080/sso-webapp/index.jsp
You can find further details on this use case from here.